Effective Communication for the Dispatch Center
This 8-hour or 4-hour class provides emergency dispatchers with an increased capacity for attentiveness and patience with callers and coworkers.
Topics include: Why is communication so challenging at 9-1-1?; the impact of stress on the quality of communication; the elements of effective communication; understanding the four basic personality types and how to interact with each; powerful strategies for conflict resolution; how to give and receive criticism; ways to reduce the frequency of negative interactions.
Participants will learn proven strategies to:
- Stay present even when they’ve lost patience
- Get out of negative thinking traps
- Interact with each of the four primary personality types
- Effectively give and receive criticism
- Defuse conflict and regain common ground
- Copy of “Dispatcher Stress: 50 Lessons on Beating the Burnout”
- Private Facebook accountability group
- Subscription to our monthly newsletter
- Certificate of completion
Note: Class has no maximum capacity.