Comprehensive Stress Management for Emergency Dispatchers
This 8-hour or 4-hour class provides emergency dispatchers with the knowledge and tools to mitigate the serious risk posed by 9-1-1 work-related stress.
Topics include: Physiology of the stress response; three elements of stress theory; why the dispatcher job function is so stressful and what to do about it; stress promoting vs. stress-reducing diet; nutrition and stress; 7-step action plan for managing fear; self management tools for creating more free time; stress resilience strategies to go from habitually reacting to proactively responding.
Participants will learn evidence-based practices to:
- Understand the underlying cause of work-related chronic/traumatic stress
- Dramatically lower stress levels and manage fear
- Identify underlying thought patterns that lead to more stress
- Improve interpersonal communication at work and at home
- Create more time for themselves to do the things most important to them
- 25-page workbook
- Subscription to our monthly newsletter
- Certificate of completion
Note: Class has no maximum capacity.