Your message is needed now more than ever.
We’re currently looking for part-time instructors who are available to teach up to 10 classes per year. You can still work your 9-1-1 job and be a contract trainer with us!
If you’re passionate about your training topic and want to reach more people with your message, please consider joining our mission. We’re looking for a few great instructors to add to our uplifting and inspirational mix of training topics and conference sessions.
You’re a perfect fit if you meet the following criteria:
- You’ve been doing live, in-classroom training classes for a few years.
- You have at least 5 years of 9-1-1 front line operations experience (dispatcher, calltaker, dispatch supervisor, etc.).
- You are a subject matter expert in any of the following areas: Dispatcher Wellness (both mental & physical health topics acceptable); Communication/Conflict Resolution; Leadership; Emotional Intelligence; Organizational Culture; or any other topic that can contribute to optimized comm center health.
- You have at least one class that is your baby. You’ve designed it, tinkered with it, and have already gotten great feedback from participants who’ve experienced it.
The Healthy Dispatcher is committed to providing immersive learning experiences that leave participants better off than before they came. Your class will provide actionable tools, strategiesand takeaways that can be applied to comm center life—and life outside of work—immediately.
If you’re excited to get your message out to more people, please submit the following information in PDF or DOC format:
- A resume, including previous work experience, references, and contact information
- A letter of support from your employer, if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one of which should be from a former student
- A ten-minute video of yourself instructing a class and teaching a concept (please upload your video to YouTube (or similar), and paste the link to your video in your resume)